If you rely on a side hustle for part of your income you need a website. Not having a website limits your side hustle’s appeal.
Most customers and clients will expect you to have a website, even if it is a simple blog. However, many side hustle entrepreneurs refuse to create one until it is too late.
One reason why you will need a website for your side hustle is the amount of competition. In fact, Bankrate estimates, 37 million Americans had side hustles in 2018.
Thus competition is intention and it is growing. Notably, nearly four out of 10 Americans have side jobs.
Side Hustles can be Lucrative
It is easy to see why so many Americans are taking up side hustles. Some side hustles can be lucrative.
Importantly, the average American side hustle generated $8,200 a year and $836 a month in 2018, Bankrate estimates. Thus, having a website for your side hustle is a smart investment.
Currently, nearly half or 49% of side hustlers in the United States make over $200 a month. Thus, money invested in a side hustle website can be well spent.
Some Reasons why You need a Side Hustle Website
There are several excellent reasons why you will need a website for your side hustle. Rationales for a side hustle website include:
- Using a website reduces reliance on platforms like Upwork and Guru which charge increasingly high fees for use. In fact, Upwork now charges 90₵ for the average job connection. A website can help clients find you and connect without fees.
- Websites can serve as a showcase for your work. For instance, if you are a writer you can use a WordPress blog to post your articles.
- Many clients now expect some freelancers including writers to have a website. Many editors now request writers’ website addresses so they can see many examples of the freelancer’s work.
- Other professionals like photographers and engineers can use websites to display their work.
- If you are a web designer or app builder you will need a website. Remember, the clients expect to see examples of your work and a website is a great example.
- A website is free advertising. Remember, you have to pay to post adds on many platforms, however you can post unlimited amounts of content on a website.
- You control what they will see on a website. A post on Craigslist has only a tiny amount of content. A website; however, will contain all of your content.
- It is easier than ever to find website hosting. Geek Crunch Hosting for instance, offers business, enterprise, and Word Press hosting with a 100% uptime guarantee. Thus, you never have to worry about downtime.
- Hosting has never been cheaper. For instance, Geek Crunch Hosting offers WordPress Hosting for as little as $15 a month, and business hosting plans that start at $7.50 a month.
- It has never been easier to hire a professional to build a website for you. Services like Gnosys Digital can setup a professional web site for you for less than 500$. Thus, you can build a professional website even if you know nothing about web design.
Setting up your own website has never been easier under these circumstances. Consequently, there is no excuse not have a website if you side hustle. If you want to make money or increase your side hustle earnings you need a website now.