It is not only SPAM that you will need to setup E-Mail filters. For instance if you are using a ticketing system and you want E-Mails with a specific subject to be piped to your ticketing system. E-Mail filters can help you.
Or if you want certain Sales E-mails to be forwarded to an specific email address you can use E-Mail filters to do that exactly. A lot of these features are not available with cheaper hosting providers or even with Free E-Mail Services. Just another reason why you need a professional Business E-Mail.
With Geek Crunch Hosting it is extremely simple to setup up rules and most complex ways of filtering your emails, tailored to your requirements.
Login to your cPanel and scroll to the section of E-Mail Management.
You might have noticed that in your cPanel, you have two options – Email Filters and Global Email Filters. Global Email Filters will set filters for all the email accounts in your cPanel. Depending upon your specific requirements choose Global E-Mail Filters or E-Mail Filters (specific to a mailbox).
Filter name and rules
Select the Manage option next to the email you wish to set up and click on Create New Filter. Type the name of the filter (so you can easily find it afterwards).
You have the options to filter emails by a word or phrase, included in the subject, sender email, or any of the other options provided.
Finally, you can determine what actions should be performed with these filters.
- Discard message – the messages will be deleted based on the rules you have created.
- Redirect to Email – automatically forward the messages which meet the criteria to another email address
- Fail With Message – send a message to the recipients of the rejected emails
- Stop Processing Rules – you can exclude certain rules for an email
- Deliver to Folder – you can set emails to go directly to a certain folder
- Pipe to a Program – provided that you have a program which performs certain actions with the emails, you can deliver them to that program
If you are a customer of Geek Crunch Hosting and you have any questions about setting up an email filter, feel free to contact our customer care!